d/b/a93.3 The Planet - WTPT
Rockin’ The Outdoors/Mt. Dew Giveaway
Official Contest Rules
How to Enter
1.No purchase necessary.
2.There are 2 ways to enter the ROCKIN’ THE OUTDOORS Mountain Dew Giveaway (the “Contest”):
a.Mountain Dew On Site Text-to-Qualify: You can stop by one or more of the following 11special 93.3 The Planet appearances at the dates and times listed below (each, an “Event”) to obtain the Dew codeword for that Event and then text that Event’s codeword during that Event (dates and times listed below) to 72341:
- August 16, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 701. South Buncombe Road, Greer SC
- August 20, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 750 Old Mill Rd., Mauldin SC
- August 21, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 809 W. Parker Rd., Greenville SC
- August 22, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 5102 Mountain View Rd., Taylors SC
- August 24, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at Hwy 14, Gray Court SC
- August 28, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 2900 Laurens Rd., Greenville SC
- August 30, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 713 Gulliver St., Fountain Inn SC
- August 31, 2012, from 5p-7p, located at 299 Railroad Avenue, Rutherfordton, NC
- September 4, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 501 Hwy 8, Pelzer SC
- September 6, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at 3298 W. Hwy 14, Greer SC
- September 12, 2012, from 12p-1p, located at Geer Highway, Cleveland SC
The codeword will be different for each Event. The codeword for each Event will be on a poster/display card posted at each Event. Within 48 hours after each Event, Station will randomly select 10 entries from among all entries received at that Event with the correct codeword for that Event to win an opportunity to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (“Dew On-Site Qualifier”). There will be no more than a total of one hundred and ten (110) Mountain Dew On-Site Qualifiers (ten per Event). Within 48 hours of the drawing, the potential Mountain Dew On-Site Qualifiers will be contacted by phone at the phone number from which he/she sent their entry. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the number used by that selected Dew On-Site Qualifiers to enter. Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. Any entry texted with an incorrect codeword for that Event or sent before or after the Event hours listed above will be automatically disqualified. Once a participant has entered, they will be prompted to join the 93.3 The Planet text club. Replying “JOIN” to join the 93.3 The Planet text club does not increase chances of qualifying in this contest. Not replying “JOIN” to join the 93.3 The Planet text club does not decrease chances of qualifying in this contest. Standard message & data rates may apply and fees may apply even for the bounce-back message you receive – check with your carrier before entering.
- Song of the Day: Starting Thursday, August 16th thru September 14th, each weekday at approximately 7:30am, we will announce on-air the “Song of the Day” (name and artist) and the hour between 10am and 10pm later that day that the song of the day will played in its entirety. After the Song of the Day has played in its entirety during the designated hour (must be a full song aired on Station, not a song clip or hook or a portion of a song used in an intro, promotional announcement or advertisement that airs or the song played before or after the designated contest hour or performed by a different artist), we will announce on-air whether we will take the 13thcaller at 800-774-0093 or 864-233-9393 OR the 13th texter at 72341. If we announce we will take the 13th caller, texts will not be valid entries for that play of the contest. If we announce that we will take the 13th texter, then (a) calls will not be valid entries for that play of the contest, (b) text the word “WIN” to 72341, and (c) the potential Mountain Dew On-Air Qualifier will be contacted by phone at the phone number from which he/she sent their entry within 48 hours after sending his/her winning text (text winners may NOT be immediately notified that they were the 13th texter). Station will only accept as a qualifier the 13th caller or texter (as applicable) received after the song is played. The correct texter/caller will win a 93.3 The Planet T-shirt and an opportunity to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (“Dew On-Air Qualifier”). Only calls received at the preceding phone number or short code are eligible to participate in this contest. If the designated song plays again later during the day, it will not be considered a winning opportunity and another prize will not be awarded. Only the song as performed by the specific artist named on-air as the performer of the winning song in this contest will qualify as winning opportunities. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
If the Station does not receive at least 13 calls or texts within 20 minutes after the winning “Song of the Day” announcement is first made, the contest will not be repeated that specific weekday. Once a 13th caller/texter is received during each contest day, the contest will end for that day and resume with a new contest on the following contesting weekday. There will be no more than 22 Dew On-Air Qualifiers.
3.Dew On-Site Qualifiers and Dew On-Air Qualifiers are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Qualifiers.” There may be up to, but no more than, a total of one hundred thirty five (132) Qualifiers selected in this Contest. A person may only qualify one (1) time in this Contest based on all of the entry opportunities described above, combined. On the first Qualification will count…any subsequent qualifications by the same person will be disqualified.
4.Only the actual contestant who entered this contest can be a Qualifier. Contestants/Qualifiers cannot transfer or assign their qualifying spots to other persons.
5. All Qualifiers (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules) will be invited to participate in Grand Prize Event. The Grand Prize Event will take place on Saturday, September 22, 2012 at Hooters of Greenville on Laurens Road, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM (“Grand Prize Event”).
6. IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT, QUALIFIERS MUST ATTEND THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT IN PERSON ON September 22nd, 2012 AND CHECK-IN WITH STATION STAFF NO LATER THAN 1:30 PM (ET). Qualifiers must check-in at the WTPT Check-In Table. Qualifiers must present a valid government-issued picture ID and will be required to sign a liability release and eligibility affidavit “as-is” at check-in. If a Qualifier has not checked-in and produced and executed all required documentation at The WTPT Check-In Table by 1:30 PM(EST), such Qualifier will be disqualified and their opportunity to participate in any portion of the Grand Prize Event shall be forfeited. Qualifiers who properly and timely check-in for the Grand Prize Event will be “Finalists” in this Contest.
7. At approximately 1:45 PM., each Finalist will randomly draw a number (from 1 and up to 132 depending on how many Qualifiers timely register). Finalists will draw such number in the order that each Finalist checked in with the Station.
8. At approximately 2:00 PM(EST), the Station will conduct a reverse drawing. One number will be drawn at random and announced and the Finalist who drew that number is then out of the contest and is no longer eligible to win the Grand Prize. This process will be repeated until only one (1) Finalist remains. That last remaining Finalist will win the Grand Prize (subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules).
9. All Contest participants hereby agrees to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by Station personnel at the Grand Prize Event and understands that any intentional failure to comply with these Contest rules or procedures or instructions given by Station staff or any attempt to trade, purchase, or otherwise procure a chance to win the Grand Prize other than that which each Qualifier initially selected will result in immediate disqualification. In no event will any “deal-making” between participants be permitted. Station reserves the right to disqualify any person that it suspects has participated in or offered or accepted any type of “deal-making” with respect to this Contest.
10. Dew On-Site Qualifiers are NOT entitled to any prize in this contest other than the opportunity to participate in the grand prize event.
11. Each of the up to 22 On-Air Qualifiers will win a 93.3 The Planet T-shirt (value of $10) and the opportunity to participate in the grand prize event.
12. The one (1) verified grand prize winner will receive a previously-owned (used) 2006 Harley C Sportster with up to 11,000 miles, approximate retail value of $8,900.00 (“Vehicle”). All expenses and fees associated with the Vehicle not expressly included are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner including taxes, tags and insurance. The Vehicles will be awarded “as-is” and winners will have no say in any options included (for example, the color). STATE SALES TAX IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAW BASED ON THE ESTIMATED RETAIL VALUE OF THE VEHICLE, DOCUMENT FEE OF $199.10 AND TITLE FEE OF APPROXIMATELY $37.50 MUST BE PAID BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNERPRIOR TO BEING ENTITLED TO RECEIVE A VEHICLE IN THIS CONTEST. Failure to do so within 30 days of the date that the winner is advised that the Vehicle is ready for pick-up may result in forfeiture of the any prize in this contest, in Station’s sole and unappeasable decision. The sales tax rate in North Carolina is 3% of the value of the Vehicle (dealership is in North Carolina) (as such values are set forth above. Contest participants are advised to contact their State Department of Revenue for actual tax rates and information. Sales tax must be paid by the winner before any Vehicle will be awarded. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for obtaining and payment of any federal or state required registration, inspection, insurance coverage, and taxes for the Vehicle. Additional information regarding the warranty, pick-up/delivery, and additional information will be mailed to the winner within three weeks of winning. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete all relevant transfer documents for the Grand Prize at a dealership located within the greater Greenville, SC area designated by Station during regular business hours. Neither Station nor Mountain Dew has made nor will make nor are responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to such Vehicle, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to the Vehicle.
13. Odds of becoming a Qualifier will depend on total number of eligible entries received in that particular mode of entry. Odds of Qualifier winning grand prize will depend on the number of Qualifiers who become Finalists but will in no event exceed 1:132.
14. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Greenville, LLC, and Mountain Dew.
15. In order to be eligible to be a Qualifier, entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
16. In the event that the Grand Prize Event needs to be rescheduled for any reason, such postponement will be announced on air and on the Station websites. It is the sole responsibility of each Qualifier to check the website and/or listen on-air for cancellation and/or rescheduling information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Station may (but is not obligated to) send a written, email or telephonic notice to Qualifiers regarding any necessary rescheduling of the Grand Prize Event with the rescheduled date/time but in no event will Station or Sponsors have any liability or responsibility for any Qualifier’s failure to receive the message for any reason or any Qualifier’s inability to attend the event on the rescheduled date (and no alternative opportunities will be offered).